How much do you charge for your services?

Costs vary by program and individual. Contact us for more specific details.

Is there a reduction plan for fees?

Yes, your income might qualify you for reduced fees.  These fees are set by the State of Illinois.  You must show documentation of your income for fee adjustments.

Can I pay for my services at the end of treatment?

No, services must be paid for as you receive them.

How long does an evaluation take?

Approximately 1 1/2 hours.

When can I expect the papers from my evaluation to be completed?

Approximately 2 weeks. The originals are automatically sent to court; if you need additional copies after picking up your copy there is a $25 processing fee.

How many hours will I have to complete?

If you are coming to Nicasa for DUI services, the number of hours depends on what “level” you are asssessed at based on your history and drug/alcohol use. The minimum hours for each level are: 

  • Minimal Risk – AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Education) is 10 hours over a period of 1-2 weeks.
  • Moderate Risk is a total of 22 hours (1 hour intake, 10 hours AODA, 11 hours group counseling).
  • Significant Risk is a total of 30 hours (1 hour intake, 10 hours AODA, 19 hours of group counseling).
  • High Risk is a total of 75 hours (1 hour intake, 74 hours of group counseling).

For non-DUI clients, the hours above may vary based on your counselor’s recommendation.

How long before I can be seen at Nicasa?

Appointments can typically be made within 48 hours. Priority is given to women who are pregnant.

Do you do random drug testing?

No. All drug tests must be court-ordered or for a client in treatment. A parent can not walk in off the street with their child and demand a drug test because they suspect the child is using drugs. 

Are you operated by the State of Illinois?

No, we are a not-for-profit, agency working with, but not for, the state.

If I got a DUI somewhere other than Lake County, IL can I come to Nicasa for services.

Yes, you can come to Nicasa for an evaluation as long as your county allows it.  Several counties have agreements with other agencies for DUI evaluations.  Please provide documentation that your county allows you to come to Nicasa.  Treatment based on a DUI evaluation can be done at Nicasa no matter where the evaluation was completed.  Please bring your evaluation paperwork with you if your evaluation was completed elsewhere.

What do I have to bring for a DUI evaluation appointment?

You must bring several documents to your evaluation.  In order to complete the evaluation you MUST have a copy of your driver’s abstract.  If you do not have one at the time of your appointment you can still be seen, but you will not be able to take your completed evaluation with you until you bring one in to your counselor.  A driver’s abstract is obtained from any Secretary of State facility.  More info.  You must also bring in your Notice of Summary Suspension (a white piece of paper that was issued at the time of your arrest), all tickets issued at the time of the arrest, your attorney’s contact information, and your appointment fee (as discussed at the time the appointment was made). 

Will my wife (or family, or boss) find out I am here?

No. All client records and treatments are confidential. Clients must sign a release in order for staff to disclose any information.

Do you speak Spanish?

Yes. All locations except Bridge House have Spanish speaking counselors and client services staff.

What other languages are available?

Nicasa is also able to provide services in Polish and Russian.  If other languages are needed an interpreter can be requested.

Where can I go to get more info on drugs, alcohol, addiction, and other services?

See our Resources Page for links to a variety of helpful information.